Support OneGreenPlanet[accept_stripe_payment name="OGP" description="Support Us" button_text="Submit" class="donate-btn-class" id="customButton"]
The acidity from the lemon based vinaigrette used in the chiffonade adds a cleansing element and helps to lighten the sandwich a bit, while the smokiness from the chipotle dressing just adds a bit more complexity to the dish and helps to elevate the different yet simple ingredients used. This sandwich is ANYTHING but basic.
Hoagie With Raspberry Sofrito And Chipotle-Coconut Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 whole cauliflower (cut into 1/2-inch flat florets)
- 3 large Portobello mushroom caps (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 medium tomato (sliced)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 4-ounce can chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- Juice from 1/2 small lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup raspberry sofrito
- 1 cup collard green chiffonade
- 4 submarine-style sandwich buns
To Make the Chipotle-Coconut Sauce:
- Place coconut milk in a mixing bowl
- Remove chipotle chilis from the can and set aside. Add the sauce from the can to the coconut milk along with olive oil, lime juice, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
To Make the Sandwich:
- Layer sofrito on bottom half of bun. Then top with mushrooms, cauliflower, and tomatoes.
- Add the collard greens and lastly the the dressing.