Support OneGreenPlanet[accept_stripe_payment name="OGP" description="Support Us" button_text="Submit" class="donate-btn-class" id="customButton"]
Sweet potatoes are a huge fan-favorite because they’re sweet, fluffy, and of course vibrant! They’re perfect for any time of the year whether you need a hearty, warm meal to dig into in the winter or you need a lighter, brighter meal in the summer!
1. Got Sweet Potatoes? Here are 10 Ways to Cook With Them[caption id="attachment_1481122269" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Maple and Tarragon Sweet Potatoes[/caption]
Sweet potatoes are nutritious and are a main source of beta-carotene. They are high in potassium and Vitamin A. Of course, sweet potatoes are also delicious and should definitely be included in your menus. They can be used anywhere you would use white potatoes and in places you may have never thought of, such as desserts. Here are some amazing ways to use these terrific tubers in your cooking in Got Sweet Potatoes? Here are 10 Ways to Cook With Them!
2. 10 Summery Sweet Potato Noodle Recipes![caption id="attachment_1481245438" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Curried Cauliflower Soup With Sweet Potato Noodles[/caption]
These 10 Summery Sweet Potato Noodle Recipes! are a must-try! Sweet potato noodles are soft, low in calories, sweet, and loaded with nutrients! You can cook with veggie noodles for a healthier alternative to the white flour store-bought stuff.
3. Sweet Potato Dessert Recipes That Are Oh So Sweet for #NationalPotatoLover’sDay![caption id="attachment_1481193734" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Brownies[/caption]
Sweet Potato Dessert Recipes That Are Oh So Sweet for #NationalPotatoLover’sDay! – except you don’t need an occasion to have sweet potato desserts! Potatoes are such a versatile ingredient, and based on how you prepare them, the possibilities you can come up with are endless. With the help of the Food Monster App, we’ve decided to take a sweeter approach to potato dishes. So, we found some delicious desserts that include potatoes for you to prepare to celebrate National Potato Lover’s Day!
4. From Mashed Potatoes to Sweet Potato Casserole! 15 Hearty Potato and Sweet Potato Recipes For Thanksgiving
Source: Creamy Scalloped Potatoes With ThymeFrom Mashed Potatoes to Sweet Potato Casserole! 15 Hearty Potato and Sweet Potato Recipes For Thanksgiving – serve these up for any gathering! Many of these dishes are traditionally made with plenty of butter, cream, and cheese. However, there’s no reason that people looking for plant-based options should miss out on these indulgent delights on the most glorious of food holidays!
5. 15 Decadent and Dairy-Free Fall Desserts Made With Sweet Potato[caption id="attachment_1481245673" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: No-Bake Sweet Potato Bars With Raw Gingerbread Crust[/caption]
These 15 Decadent and Dairy-Free Fall Desserts Made With Sweet Potato are not just for fall! One way we can make our desserts richer is by adding sweet potato. Yes, sweet potato in dessert. Trust us, when you add sweet potato to dessert, you don’t taste it. After all, sweet potato pie tastes hardly anything like a baked sweet potato — it just tastes good. Roasted sweet potato pairs perfectly with chocolate, plus you can use it in baked goods like cakes and brownies in the same way you would use bananas.
6. 5 Healthy Plant-Based Ways to Enjoy Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast![caption id="attachment_1481184000" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Sweet Potato Cinnamon Muffins[/caption]
These 5 Healthy Plant-Based Ways to Enjoy Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast! are all a must-try! On top of dinner and dessert, you can also use them for breakfast — and you best believe we are all about eating sweet potatoes for every meal of the day. If you’re wondering how to transform your sweet potatoes into a delicious breakfast, we searched through the Food Monster App to bring you these five recipe ideas:
7. Dinner’s Never Been Easier Thanks to These 15 Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipes[caption id="attachment_1481298095" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Charred Corn and Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes[/caption]
Need an easy dinner? Look no further! Dinner’s Never Been Easier Thanks to These 15 Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipes! While sweet potatoes can be enjoyed in a number of different ways, we’re particularly fond of tucking into stuffed sweet potatoes when we need a dose of comfort and good-for-you fuel. Not only are stuffed sweet potato recipes quick and easy, they’re extremely versatile, so you could have a different variation of the meal every night of the week and never feel like you’re eating the same thing.
8. 15 Must-Make Vegan Sweet Potato Dinners That Are Perfect For Fall[caption id="attachment_1481254527" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Roasted Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Creamy Tahini Sauce[/caption]
These 15 Must-Make Vegan Sweet Potato Dinners That Are Perfect For Fall and any season! If you’re anything like us, you’re probably a fiend for sweet potato. And, what’s not to love? There’s so much that we can make with this yummy orange tuber. First of all, they are great for us. Sweet potatoes are possibly one of the highest sources of beta-carotene, plus they are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin E, fiber, manganese, and copper. While we could sing the nutritional praises of sweet potato all day long, what really makes it a winner in our books are both its flavor and versatility. We love their subtly sweet flavor and creamy texture. Roasted, steamed, or puréed in a soup — it’s all good, and that’s only talking about the savory side of the spectrum.
For more, check out The Ultimate Guide To Cooking Vegan Potato-Based Recipes! by downloading our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Lead image source: Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese With Spinach